Help chickens eye problem

Jan 3, 2020
Hi so about four days ago I was holding a chicken and accidentally rubbed my check on his eye and I felt a decent amount of liquid from his eye on my check. After that he had been keeping that eye shut for most of the day and then yesterday for a whole day kept it open. then today he had it mostly shut and opened it for a few seconds at a time. It ain’t puffed and he has a little bit of liquid on his eye lid is there anything I can do? I’ve been giving him eye drops to take out any foreign objects but should I give him another type of eye drop?

1613475910982.png

After a flush with a generic lens solution I like to use this on my critters.

I don’t know about chickens eyes. Our human eyes tend to heal very quickly. I wouldn’t give any strong medicines. A calming tonic could do good if she has her eye open too long. For now it sounds as she is healing already. I would wait and see.

Hi so about four days ago I was holding a chicken and accidentally rubbed my check on his eye and I felt a decent amount of liquid from his eye on my check. After that he had been keeping that eye shut for most of the day and then yesterday for a whole day kept it open. then today he had it mostly shut and opened it for a few seconds at a time. It ain’t puffed and he has a little bit of liquid on his eye lid is there anything I can do? I’ve been giving him eye drops to take out any foreign objects but should I give him another type of eye drop?
Can you post some photos of the eye?
What eye drops have you been using?

I agree with @theoldchick I would flush the eye really well with saline, then apply an eye ointment like Terramycin 2-3 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom