Help.. Chickens have all kinds of problems?

mamaconoyer

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 17, 2012
Warrenton MO
Alright here I go.. I had a mixed flock of 6 hens all about 8 months old. Healthy and laying eggs daily. I took in some other chickens from a animal swap in town and got 5 more hens of different ages and from different people. I kept them seperated for about 5 days and they seemed fine but after I put them all together on a Saturday . On the following Thursday 2 of the young silkies were sick and coughing and had running noses.. So I took them out and put them on antibotics and seem to be doing better. Now one of the new chickens is sleeping all day and not hanging out with the others and her eye is crusted shut along with another one of the new ones just its eye though. Now my orginal chickens are not laying as much and otherwise seem healthy so far. What do I do. I am not sure if I just dose them all with antibotics or what? PLEASE HELP...

Your story reads as if they have MG. By now the other birds have been infected. They can live with MG, but they symptoms may re-occur
in the future. Keep them on antibiotics for 5-7 days and you should see improvement by then. If not, you may want to consider culling the worst birds.

I would go ahead on put them all on antibiotics just to be safe.

You can find more information on MG by doing a search here on byc.

Back
Top Bottom