HELP! Chicks aren't here at post office and it's day 3!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Campine Lover, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] What do I do?????? They were supposed to be shipped overnight express BUT THEY WEREN'T! Stupid hatchery!
    They were sent 9 am on Wednesday, and now its 10:30 am on Friday. They probably hatched on Tuesday!!!! All the mail arrives at my post office at 8:00 am, so that means they aren't arriving today!!! I've waited since mid may to get these babies, and I do not want them to die!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Does that mean they are at the airport?!?!
    Are you allowed to go get them there? Please, please please help/ advise! (they do not have a shipping #. WHAT A STUPID #%^$##$%^% Hatchery!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SG_Chicken

SG_Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Laramie, Wyoming
    I am a newbie so don't have an anwer but I do hope that you get and answer. Praying your babies are ok.

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    They may still come!! Keep your fingers crossed!!!!! Did you call the hatchery to see if they could give you any more information?

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

which hatchery? Have you called them yet? Did you make sure they put your phone # on the outside of the shipping box? Is there another larger post office somewhere near you that may have them? I hope you find your babies alive and well... this long delay with this heat doesn't add up to a promising end...

5. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    And have you called the post office to verify that they did not arrive? I know when mine came, the post office didn't call till late morning/early afternoon. I thought they hadn't come, either, but they were there. I hope you track them down quickly.

6. lynxs1981

lynxs1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    I would for sure be calling the hatchery and PO.

7. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    I'm not sure where you are, our day-olds came from Iowa, To New Jersry, Shipped on Fri got a call Sunday Morning at 7:30 From USPS sectional. We hot footed up there and picked ours up. 1 1/2 hrs away. You may want to find out where your sectional is and give them a call. Take a deep breath start calling. Your angry, be courteous. I hope for the best for you. Majority of hatcherys ship same day hatching.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I know this is really important to you, Campine Lover, but you need to stick to one thread on this topic only, okay? [​IMG]

From the BYC Rules:

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

Here is the thread where you can continue the conversation: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=373965

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by