HELP!!!!!! Chicks insides are coming out,it died

I'm so sorry for you, how devastating. ounds like it's umbilicus alright, where the yolk sac goes in. Two of mine had a little entrail looking bit of pinky hanging off them when they hatched, but the yolk was inside them. It leaked alittle browny/orange, so I imagine it was indeed yolk. Mine just hatched too quick, one didn't make it, the other was touch and go but is now zooming around with the other two I kept. Actually I kept five, but I had to cull one at a week old and another died a couple of days later, it just wasn't thriving.

Sorry for your loss.
sad.png

So sorry you lost your only chick. Omphalitis can be caused by too high humidity (I think because as it pulls out of the egg it isn;t dried enough to snap so pull on its innards instead) or when it hatches too soon (like when you help a shrink wrapped chick). That said I've never seen it fall out after the chick has been out of the egg for some time and it didn't look like any omphalitis I've seen - more like the yolk sac. Weird.
Anyway, I'm so sorry for your loss but I am glad to hear it won't put you off another go.
What caused your other eggs to not hatch? Just wondering if there's a clue in that.

Quote:
No idea what happened or is happening. This is the second attempt at hatching using my neighbors eggs, the first set didn't hatch either. I will be using a different supplier this time. It could be a high humidity issue as the humidity rose when the storms rolled through. I am not running an air conditioner so my inside humidity is pretty much the same as it is outside. The incubators were not exposed to the fans airflow or the heat from the sun when it comes through the window. There was about a 30 degree difference between daytime and night time temps but the incubator seemed to be holding steady at 99.5 to 100.5 through the ambient temp swings.

Back
Top Bottom