HELP! Chick's on the way

Paki-Aseel

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2020
Its my first time using an incubator.
I just saw a pip on one of the eggs in the bator, but only the outer shell is pipped, membrane is still intact, is this normal?
And its an early hatch i wasn't expecting any hatches for a couple of days, i just went to roll the eggs as usual (its a mini incubator & you have to roll the eggs) and found this one egg pipped.
what should i do?

Yes it’s normal for the membrane to be intact after pip. And it can take a day or more for that pip to bloom into a chick. Like the previous posters said, now you watch and wait. If something feels wrong, reach out again.

Oh, and keep us updated overall. Some of us are lurking around watching hatch stories while we wait for the Halloween Hatch-Along.;)

Yes it’s normal for the membrane to be intact after pip. And it can take a day or more for that pip to bloom into a chick. Like the previous posters said, now you watch and wait. If something feels wrong, reach out again.

Oh, and keep us updated overall. Some of us are lurking around watching hatch stories while we wait for the Halloween Hatch-Along.;)

I'm not closing my eyes until tommorrow 😄
It's my first time with the incubator so i more than excited, but its a comfort knowing that its normal, guess i have to wait till tommorrow.

What day is it on? I have silkies that hatch on day 19 so I would close it up and raise the humidity to 65 and wait. Don’t open it again. It should make some progress by tomorrow or late tonight.

Well i got these eggs from another breeder as i will need to add out-blood next year in my breed, he said they were under the hen for 5 days and in my incubator its 13 days now so 13+5 its 18 days now.
I will just let them be for another 24 hours, have raised the humidity and hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom