Help - chirping egg but not hatching

Sanneker

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2019
Hi there, I am new to the community. I have 5 little Araucana eggs waiting to hatch. Taken from mum as 4 had hatched and all were dead in her hutch. So I have them in a box with light and all are alive. I have one that is chirping in a half broken shell. The sack is not broken and it is still alive. Shell has been broken for a good few days. She is chirping and breathing but is not continuing her hatch - any ideas what I should do? How long do they chirp before they come out? It has been nearly 35 hours of chirping and breathing in sack

Attachments

• 9251466E-524B-4EAC-ABB9-A88D8467BE41.jpeg
    9251466E-524B-4EAC-ABB9-A88D8467BE41.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to BYC.
Do you have some coconut oil?

When did you open the egg like?
How long ago?

Oh about a week, will the coconut oil keep it moist her chick? I could put some over the sack?

Yes it’s crazy and she’s cheeping etc
If the other eggs have already hatched then I'm going to guess that this one is stuck.
Can you take a tiny bit of coconut oil and gently put it on that membrane.... It will make it see the chick itself.

You need to look and try to see if you can tell if it has absorbed the yolk already or not.

A6B2BD97-DDB5-4F00-A164-1875F6F8B4F1.jpeg
If the other eggs have already hatched then I'm going to guess that this one is stuck.
Can you take a tiny bit of coconut oil and gently put it on that membrane.... It will make it see the chick itself.

You need to look and try to see if you can tell if it has absorbed the yolk already or not.
A6B2BD97-DDB5-4F00-A164-1875F6F8B4F1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom