HELP!!! Chook can't stand up!!!

ToriWebster

Hatching
Apr 7, 2018
So I've just gotten a new chook, only a few months old. Earlier this morning the chicken was fine, but once I had gotten home from school it was laying down.

I noticed that their water was tipped over and initially thought it was dehydration. But it still can't stand up properly, when I do stand it up it falls, sideways, backward or forwards.

It seems happy and is eating and drinking but I'm not sure what to do can someone give me some advice?

I would try to get your chicken drinking some water with vitamins and electrolytes if possible. Some poultry tonics or drenches come with those and more. More than likely he was dehydrated and weak. He also could have gotten hurt since he is new, and among other birds. Keeping himin a crate or pen with food and water, within sight of the others can be a good way to kntroduce a new bird. Offer him some bits of cooked egg, tuna, liver, or cooked meat to boost his appetite, then switch back to his chicken feed.

I always place more than one water station in a heavy bucket to prevent bullying, or keep waterers full so they don’t tip over.

Back
Top Bottom