HELP! Coccidia+Respiratory Infection+Mites

tearooster

Chirping
Jul 15, 2015
Southern California
Hi there! I just bought 6 new marans. I have 12, 1 1/2 year old marans already. I bought 3 2 month olds and 3 1 and a half month olds. While there I saw a maran pullet hanging out in the corner with another chicken. I thought that it was just scared of me. I bought that chicken and when I was unloading them at my house, I heard the chicken and it sounded like it was snoring
1f62c.png
Then I heard her sneeze.
1f4a6.png
In the other carrier that we brought them home in I saw a bloody dropping.
1f633.png
I gave them some food with garlic powder in it and gave them some water with Apple cider vinegar. They weren't able to drink or eat any tonight because it was probably too dark to see in. I thought that sneezy had a Respiratory infection and I thought the other chicken has Coccidia. Tomorrow I am going to the feed store to get some more chickie food and Corid. I have some powder called Duramycin. It says it's to control chronic respiratory disease. I'll try some of that in another waterer tomorrow.

I'm in this same situation! Mite infestation from wild birds, respiratory problems, and foamy yellow poop from someone. I started with the mite problem first, emptied all coop, spread DE and Sevin dust in every crevice I could find. Also treated everyone with Ivomec pour on. Now I'm treating with Oxytetracyclin for the respiratory infections. Then will treat with Sumer after. My poor chickens are going through a lot!

Back
Top Bottom