Help! Cracked egg at day 18

Do you still have that tiny piece of shell?? You can't use super glue but nail polish will do the trick.
I don’t, it was VERY fragile, I’ve candled the egg before in the beginning and it was fine. All I did was pick it up and wrap my hand around it to make sure it didn’t fall and it’s cracked off. It fell maybe a foot and broke on impact. It’s in 4 pieces now.
However if something ever happens again I’m glad to have this info!

I hope everything goes well!

Things like a cracked shell can be very bad news for the chick (lets in bacteria, lets out moisture, isn't right for the movements the chick needs to make at hatching time.)

But chickens of any age can surprise people by coming safely through dangerous or unexpected situations, so I do hope your chick proves to be one of those success stories :)
Sadly when I checked the chick was gone. She had two blue eggs under her, and now both blue eggs are missing. and she cracked another one and is eating the told out of it, should I remove the others from her? Now that I have the incubator

Sadly when I checked the chick was gone. She had two blue eggs under her, and now both blue eggs are missing. and she cracked another one and is eating the told out of it, should I remove the others from her? Now that I have the incubator
That's sad :(

Yes, I would move all remaining eggs to the incubator.

Add the remaining eggs to the incubator. You can try and let her raise the chicks if you wish, but it's best to hatch them yourself at this point.

Just an update. We could not get the humidity right in the incubator so did not take the eggs. Two little hatches today and she’s being such a good momma to them! More should be hatching tomorrow and Sunday

Attachments

• A05E04CA-18E3-4A32-8F67-0F122057A82C.jpeg
    A05E04CA-18E3-4A32-8F67-0F122057A82C.jpeg
    563.2 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom