Help crows attacking my chicks.

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
I took my chicks out today and I left them under a tree with a laundry basket over them for shade, I have to crows that have some babys in a tree in our front yard. I want to get my chicks out of there but Im afraid im gonna get pecked to death. WHAT SHOULD I DO!?.
sad.png

Take an umbrella and go get those poor babies! Let us know how it goes!!!
Also, do you have a dog or big man in the house to accompany you? They could fend off the crows while you rescue the babies.

Last edited:
Lol, well the babies are back in the brooder I have a big German Sheperd, hes at work with my brother though. I didn't use an umbrella...I went back out there and saw my cat next to em (I have 2 outdoor cats) And trust me he has chewed the head off my hamsters before. After I saw him there I totaly forgot about the crows and I came ranning after him saying "GET AWAY FROM MY CHICKS YOU DAM CAT!" and I shoo'ed the cat away scooped up the chicks quickly dropped em in the laundry basket and ran into the house. I didn't really care about crows...but now after this they have been crowing all morning at 7AM-9PM I want to take a hockey stick and slap that nest and beat the crap out of both of those crows. Every time I go out side they follow me from tree to tree like there gonna attack me, like there so tough!. I think that hockey stick is in there future!.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
Mhu-hahahaha

Quote:
Dont say that, I got hit in the head by a golf club when i was a teenager, ouch.

You think thats bad I got a Trumpet mouth peice chucked at me. Not only did the big medal thing hurt. IT WAS IN SOME ONES MOUTH YUCK!

The crows wouldn't be attacking your chicks, they'd be attacking you if they thought you were gonna hurt THEIR chicks. Crows are scavengers and they wouldn't usually eat something that's still alive. Dead's fine and dandy for them.
Glad that you got your babies back where they belong.

I am a little late in responding to this post...but

I have a family of crows living about 100 ft behind my house on the hill...well these beautiful crows chase the hawks away...thus saving my chickens from being some hawks dinner.

They have never bothered flying over my chicken run, as they are to busy protecting their own nests.

Now if I can only get them to chase off loose dogs aand snakes I'd be happy.

I am not an expert at raising chickens but thought I'd share my experience with crows AND HAWKS.
( first time I saw a soaring hawk above my babies I FREAKED OUT!!!!!! But my crows have eased my panicks!! haha

Back
Top Bottom