Help D: It's getting too hot!

FireFoxxie

Hatching
7 Years
May 27, 2012
I have gone into lockdown mode and of course there has be be a temperature spike today. I have three chicks zipping and the incubator temperature is reaching 104 (80 outside) and I'm trying to do everything I can to cool them down(opening all the windows in the room and closing the door so the coolness from the room doesnt escape). Will this effect their hatching? Is there anything I can do to cool them down?

try a fan. the temperature should be around 95. i dont think it will affect them

NO, that is incorrect. Your temp should be 99.5 to 100. Are your vents opened? Put a fan in the room and keep an eye on, they should be alright hatching at that. Good luck.

Turn the thermostat down a bit.
If the outside temp is causing the incubator to hold a higher temperature lower the setting on the thermostat. The heater doesn't need to stay on as long to maintain 99.5 to 100F.

If you are using a home made incubator I find that a box fan placed near the incubator works great for those hot days. During the heat of the day I face a fan right at my incubator to cool it down to the right temp.

Yep that ambient temp can be a real problem .Below 60 and above 80 can really drive us up a wall. I have a chest freezer and the lid on top seems to run pretty cool so I sometimes set things on top to get a little cooling .Works for me!...cva34 Watch it close tell you get it right /maybe a towel between it and Inc...

Back
Top Bottom