Help!! Day 19 temp drop

Maciejcarol

Chirping
Apr 10, 2021
So my incubator is no longer holding its heat. It has been good up until today. I removed the turner and added very warm water yesterday. I was gone over night and temp has been hovering around 93 degrees. I have it covered w a towel but doesn’t seem to be warming up. I have 3 thermometers in it and they all read the same. I’m trying to not panic. I just put a hot water bottle in and am going to monitor the temp but freaking out over here. Day 19. Humidity is golden. Any though

93 is not a huge temp drop they should be just fine.

What incubator do you have?
Have you calibrated a thermometer?

I have three. One I bought at Walmart just for this so is very new. One is a for reptiles and the one that came w my new egg turner. I have a little giant that I bought used from an experienced Hatcher. She had just pulled a hatch out of it.

I have three. One I bought at Walmart just for this so is very new. One is a for reptiles and the one that came w my new egg turner. I have a little giant that I bought used from an experienced Hatcher. She had just pulled a hatch out of it.
Is the little knob to turn the heat up broken?

I use a Little Giant and when I take the turner out I do have to ever so slightly turn the knob just a hair and wait and watch my calibrated thermometers.

How many eggs do you have in the incubator?

If I were you I would get that towel off before you overheat things.

If the only thing you did differently was take the turner out, which does produce heat, all you need to do is slightly turn the knob to raise the heat and watch your thermometers closely.

Is the little knob to turn the heat up broken?

I use a Little Giant and when I take the turner out I do have to ever so slightly turn the knob just a hair and wait and watch my calibrated thermometers.

How many eggs do you have in the incubator the knob is gone. She added a different thermostat to it. 31 eggs

Can you get pictures of your incubator?
Including the heating element and how the thermostat is connected.

Back
Top Bottom