Help!!!Day 24, no chicks. Please read. Pic of chick!

He is pecking at chick starter and drinking! I put an old fluffy slipper in his brooder and her hides in the part you put your foot in! Too cute, will try and get pic when I get finished planting today!

wee.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
When a chick is trying to hatch without the proper humidity, the inner membrane will dry out ,shrink and stick to baby and he will die, like putting a chick in a ziplock bag and sucking all the air out. Not fun.

Dont make us wait tooooo long for pictures! I am very excited to see him!!!!

Quote:
When a chick is trying to hatch without the proper humidity, the inner membrane will dry out ,shrink and stick to baby and he will die, like putting a chick in a ziplock bag and sucking all the air out. Not fun.

that is not 'shrink wrapped' , its when the membrane comes off the hard shell and attaches it self to the chick, low humidity is not the cause, generally shipped eggs or rough handling is the cause

Mine hatched also, On day 19! its a premie, Im worried because he wont stand or lift its head (lifted its dead 4 times real quick) and its yolk sac was absorbed when it hatched. Im just carefully watching it with my fingers crossed.

Quote:

that is not 'shrink wrapped' , its when the membrane comes off the hard shell and attaches it self to the chick, low humidity is not the cause, generally shipped eggs or rough handling is the cause

My Bad.Guess Im not as smart as I think I am:p

Quote:

My Bad.Guess Im not as smart as I think I am:p

no, you just pick up the wrong info. with all the opinions that are flying around, someone gets it wrong and passes it on to the next, who passes it on ect... not realizing it, its when you get the right info and know it, then still pass on the wrong, that it bad. you are very smart,
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom