HELP! Day 32 African Geese Eggs. NO PIPS

Discussion in 'Geese' started by shellrae7, Jun 23, 2010.

1. shellrae7

shellrae7 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Pleasant Grove, UT
    Hi there, I am sort of freaking out here. I don't want all these geese to die. When candling, I know I had several viable geese. Have I waited too long to help? Do geese need extra help? I'm not sure what to do here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Incubation for geese eggs is 30-34 days. I would give it longer. Several days past 34 days before I would panic. Maybe then I would see what was inside (very carefully) of one egg. Maybe someone else will chime in too. I have let eggs (duck) go as long as five days past due date and still had babies. Good luck

3. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
  4. adrian

adrian Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Regina, SK
    Candle them again. Look for movement, veins lining the very top of the egg, etc. But be very careful; you never know if they could be internally pipping and you'll disorient them if you're too rough. That's really all you can do, aside from waiting. If you have a good flashlight, you should still be able to see some veins, but then, I found my african eggs were the hardest to candle. Even when I hatched pilgrim and african eggs together, they all hatched on day 30, but your milage may vary depending on your incubation temperatures.

5. marathonmultiplesmom

marathonmultiplesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Chehalis, WA
    have the eggs been moving/rocking at all? What kind of incubator do you have and what are your temps/humidity?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by