HELP! Day old Silkie hurt wing

Grandchicks22

Chirping
Dec 18, 2022
I went to check on the babies and one was tangled in Silkie moms feathers the little wing was caught I got it unstuck but I can tell that wing hangs a little bit lower than the other. Well it’s the tip feather that I can see but on the good side you can’t see the tip feathers if that makes sense.

I didn’t take a picture has mom was stressed and I’m letting them rest. The baby was fine eating and drinking walking around!

Just seeing will this heal or can this cause future issues?

I would just leave it alone and watch it. Are there any breaks in the skin? The chick is too small to wrap it’s wing, and though it may hang, it should be alright.

I don't know anything about that but the babies acting fine right? It doesn't seem like she's in pain from what you said but then I really don't know hope she's okay

I would just leave it alone and watch it. Are there any breaks in the skin? The chick is too small to wrap it’s wing, and though it may hang, it should be alright.
No breaks! Just the tip hangs a tad bit lower! Okay thank you I’ll keep an eye and hopefully it’ll get back to normal in a few days!

I don't know anything about that but the babies acting fine right? It doesn't seem like she's in pain from what you said but then I really don't know hope she's okay
So far it’s acting fine! Hoping it heals on its own! Just didn’t know if anyone else had this happen and it all went back to normal! Thank you

Photo attached of wing

Attachments

• 3FC6742B-EF72-4265-954E-9EC2674A34FD.jpeg
    3FC6742B-EF72-4265-954E-9EC2674A34FD.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 2
  • B424ABC8-C872-409B-8CAC-EF7E9A0AF6E6.png
    B424ABC8-C872-409B-8CAC-EF7E9A0AF6E6.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom