help dead hen !

wjmiller

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
After feeding the girls little bit my buff orp was found listless and lethargic in the run.I picked her up and she threw up this rancid yellow liquid and she only lasted 5 min then she died and the liquid continued to come out her beak.It was awefull what could it have been? I am so sad she was so sweet she was fine eating and drinking.What could it have been thanks

There's not enough information here, but I would say that she had a blockage of some kind. If the fluid smelled, it was probably sour crop. How old was she?

Ok if it was sour crop wouldnt there have been warning signs.We had her in pine shavings could she have eaten some and caused a blockage.If it was sour crop what can i do to prevent it they have access to grit daily. Could it be worms ora disease. It all happened so fast worried about the rest of the flock. Thanks Jeannette

It's hard to say what happened. I just had a chick who had a blockage somewhere and died. I think the only thing you can do is make sure they have food and water.

Thanks we are wathing them very close. what is their crop suppose to feel like thanks again

I need help asap hen with diarrhea wings drooping cant walk needs help now

We put on an antibiotic the feed store didnt have corrid she has been eating and drinking she is walking but she started to act like she was trying to get something to come up like she is going to crow we have her inside i dont know what else to do.

We put on an antibiotic the feed store didnt have corrid she has been eating and drinking she is walking but she started to act like she was trying to get something to come up like she is going to crow we have her inside i dont know what else to do.
Feel her crop during the day, and at night and see if it's filling up and emptying
Antibiotics won't help. Does your feed store have sulfadimethoxine or sulmet?

Back
Top Bottom