Help Deformed egg

Raysal

Songster
Sep 2, 2020
Dallas TX
Today i got a deformed egg any idea why this happend
20200923_165857.jpg

Looks like a body checked egg. This first link is what the Egg Quality Handbook says about them. Not hugely uncommon. If it is a regular occurrence you may have a problem. But if it is fairly rare, it's just something that occasionally happens. Not a big deal. But you might blow it out and make a Christmas ornament or something similar with it. It is a little different.

https://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/egg-quality-handbook/20/bodychecked-eggs

This is an excerpt from Sumi's article. The link is at the bottom.

3. Body checked egg

3 body checked egg.jpg

These eggs' shells got cracked during the calcification process and had a layer of calcium deposited over the crack before the egg was laid. Some body checks are covered by a thick layer of calcium, forming an noticeable ridge or band around the egg. Body checks will increase if the hens are exited or gets startled late in the afternoon/early evening, when the egg shell formation process begins. Causes of body checks are:

- Stress and overcrowding;

- The hen's age. There is a higher incidence in body checked eggs from older layers.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/

Today i got a deformed egg any idea why this happendView attachment 2345603

I get ones that look like thatoccasionally. Always white one. I have 5 White Leghorns. I got one like that once and it also had dents in the side like something had hit it.Creases and dents all over it. And them on the other end it had a continent on it. Like a raised map of an area. Wonky. Wish I knew how to post pics. I have it in my phone.

I get ones that look like thatoccasionally. Always white one. I have 5 White Leghorns. I got one like that once and it also had dents in the side like something had hit it.Creases and dents all over it. And them on the other end it had a continent on it. Like a raised map of an area. Wonky. Wish I knew how to post pics. I have it in my phone.
You can click riply and click this little icon once you click it click "click here" and it should take you to you pictures if you want to post one
Screenshot_20200924-115738_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-115924_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom