Help dehydrated chicken

Andie4566

Hatching
Jan 13, 2021
HELP!!
One of my girls was fine this morning but today when I got home she was on her side. I honestly thought she was dead, I’m not sure if she is really dehydrated but she hasn’t started laying eggs yet and I looked bit her vent is fine. I’ve started sugar water and and brought her inside. She is getting more movement but she still isn’t opening her eyes. How often should I be giving the sugar water should I be giving
I don’t want to loose her as she is my sweet Ameraucana! But I’m afraid she won’t make it.

:welcome sorry for the circumstances. Why do you think that she is dehydrated ? Did the flock run out of water, and for how long?

No I make sure they have clean water daily so
I’m not sure why she would act this way. She was fine when I checked on them this morning and then boom she was down.

Try to get her drinking more, and if you could get Poultry NutriDrench and give her 1 ml orally, that would be good. I would separate her tonight and onserve her. How old is she exactly?

Try to get her drinking more, and if you could get Poultry NutriDrench and give her 1 ml orally, that would be good. I would separate her tonight and onserve her. How old is she exactly?
I’m not sure age but around 9-10 months old I got her from a lady who couldn’t keep them in her backyard so I’m not sure on age, okay she is inside wrapped up in a towel and I’ve givin her 5-6mL today since 3. I’ll go get her NutriDrench now!

It is unusual that she would not be laying yet at 9-10 months old. Is a vet possible? Is her lower belly between her legs enlarged as if there was fluid inside? Check her crop to see if it is empty, or if there is food there, if it is full, hard, or puffy. Look her over for any evidence of lice or mites. Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease?

HELP!!
One of my girls was fine this morning but today when I got home she was on her side. I honestly thought she was dead, I’m not sure if she is really dehydrated but she hasn’t started laying eggs yet and I looked bit her vent is fine. I’ve started sugar water and and brought her inside. She is getting more movement but she still isn’t opening her eyes. How often should I be giving the sugar water should I be giving
I don’t want to loose her as she is my sweet Ameraucana! But I’m afraid she won’t make it.
you try electrolytes from Tractor supply co which helps dehydrated chickens and try keeping her inside for a few days

Back
Top Bottom