HELP!!! Do I break lockdown to help a chick with wry neck??

arn321990

Hatching
May 21, 2019
I need advice! This is my first time hatching chicks and today is day 20. I have 2 chicks that have hatched already and 7 eggs all with pips in the incubator. One chick is trying to stand but it’s head is curled under and it looks like it has no control. It’s flopping and falling everywhere and I feel terrible. I’ve googled this and it sounds like the chick has wry neck? Should I open the incubator to get the chick out to start vitamin supplements or should I wait until the others hatch, even though it could still be 24 more hours?
image.jpg

How is the chick doing?
I pulled her out of the incubator and syringe fed her some vitamin E oil with a little bit of crushed selenium. She tries to stand and walk but her head is bowed over and she falls. She has occasionally been able to stretch her neck straight but, as soon as she tries to stand, it curls back under.

Is that genetics or something that happened during incubation?
I’m not sure. I bought these hatching eggs online, so I don’t know or have the parents. I’m treating it like a vitamin deficiency and hoping that it reverses. I’m not sure what to do if this doesn’t work though.

Back
Top Bottom