HELP does this egg need help zipping?

Libraryhen

Hatching
Apr 14, 2021
This egg began pipping last night around 8PM. This morning around 10 it started zipping but there hasn’t been much movement or any progress in a couple hours. What do I do? She was also doing really well, pushing on the shell sometimes so hard that I was certain she was about to come through

image.jpg

sometimes durning zipping they can get really tired and stop to nap! but my personal experence ive never had them stay for too long! what you need todo is play some chick chirping sounds next to the incubator! that will make him think theres chicks waiting for him and it will make him want to come out of the egg! thats something that ive always done! and then see what happens when you play the sounds!

sometimes durning zipping they can get really tired and stop to nap! but my personal experence ive never had them stay for too long! what you need todo is play some chick chirping sounds next to the incubator! that will make him think theres chicks waiting for him and it will make him want to come out of the egg! thats something that ive always done! and then see what happens when you play the sounds!
Thank you I have tried playing some chick sounds periodically throughout the afternoon but there still doesn’t seem to be movement or sounds from it and it was very vocal when it was zipping. It’s been about 4 hours since there was serious movement

Thank you I have tried playing some chick sounds periodically throughout the afternoon but there still doesn’t seem to be movement or sounds from it and it was very vocal when it was zipping. It’s been about 4 hours since there was serious movement
Over my time incubating I have learned that late hatched eggs fall into two categories

Theres a reason - IE baby isnt done absorbing, baby is malpositioned, baby is tired and napping, baby is sick, Ive had every scenario. do you check for positioning after they pip?

The Bird is being lazy - its not as common but Ive seen it. I have a baby pheasant right now that was lazy as hell, she (I think) just decided to take damn forever to come out. even then I had to help, and upon doing so I realized that it had no reason whatsoever. its a lone baby from 3 eggs the only survivor of the bunch from a first clutch.

Sometimes, after a few hours, the shell dries out. One of my chicks had a difficult time hatching, so I put a little amount of water near the opening. It turns out, the egg had dried up over time and it had had some difficulties pushing out.

Back
Top Bottom