Help! dog attacked my chicken! :(

mandymae1984

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 9, 2013

Our jack russell attacked my chicken yesterday i really didnt expect her to make it but shes hanging on! Shes drinking fine im giving her duramycin-10 to maybe keep her from getting infection theres only three bite marks i puy neosporin on those. Her neck is just so swollen and purple im not sure what to do. I feel that its not broken bc she can move it to drink but shes not eating much at all any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I would cook up some egg and give her some along with some mash. With a neck injury unfortunatly there isn't too much you can do but sit and wait. Do you hear any breathy noises coming from her? She could be holding her head to the side due to the swelling. Good Luck!

She does have a louder noisy breathing than normal but it's mostly when she falls asleep. I didn't know if maybe it was just because she was sleeping? I have been giving her mash she acts like she is having trouble swallowing though so I did give her some yogurt tonight but she didn't like it! She tasted it and started shaking her head like OMG what did you give me haha but she is able to get water down I'll try the egg and maybe that's soft enough for her to get down. Thanks so much for the reply!

Poor baby... I can't offer anything beyond what you've already tried. But I just wanted to say I hope she makes a full recovery....

Thank you so much! Does anyone know if I can give her anything for pain? I just want to make her as comfortable as possible.

Back
Top Bottom