Help!!! Dont know anything about hatching duck eggs!!!!

RooptyDoo

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Illinois
I have a friend that wants me to hatch some duck eggs. I really need some advice. How long is the incubation period? What should the humidity be? Temp? How many times do I need to turn them? I've hatched chicken eggs lots of times but I didnt know if there was a big difference between the two. Any advice will help!!!! Thanks alot! RooptyDoo

There are many opinions on the incubation temp and humidity, but the way I do it is 100 degrees and 70% humidity days 1-25, and 99 degrees and 85% humidity days 25-28.

All 'mallard derived' breeds take 28 days to hatch. Muscovy take 35. Calls can take from 23-26 days.

Many people have hatched duck and chickens together with no problems at all.

I am in the middle of incubating duck and chicken eggs together. My temp in a still air LG runs between 99-101.9 and humidity is been from 45-50. I have however sprayed some water on the duck eggs. So I am doing a bit of a dry hatch on the duck eggs. I made a homemade hatcher for hatching the chicken eggs seperate though. So far so good!! I am on day 12

ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
35 days for a scovy!!!!!!!!! i thought it took only 28!!!!
OMG! if i didn't c this thread i would have shut the bator down on day 31 not knowing it wasn't time!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom