Help Drake Pekin being nasty to young ducks

Phoenix2015

Chirping
Mar 16, 2016
HI, I have 3, 1 year old Pekin ducks, 2 female and 1 drake. I also have 6 baby ducks 2 pekin (1 female, 1 Drake), 2 female mallards, and 2 that I can't figure out what they are, but that isn't the issue. The issue is my 1 year old Drake is singling out my smallest Mallard female. My Babies are nearly 3 months old and the last 2 months they have been in the duck pen with the older ducks but separated by a baby gate. Is there anything I can do to keep the older Drake from picking on my young ones.

I will assume the Drake is trying to breed with the young Hen...?....
It's breeding season and his hormones are high...You might have to wait a couple of more months before you can really introduce them...?

Best wishes....

I will assume the Drake is trying to breed with the young Hen...?....
It's breeding season and his hormones are high...You might have to wait a couple of more months before you can really introduce them...?

Best wishes....
Thanks that does help. I have decided that I will separate him from the flock.... He is now in the baby area and all the babies are with the 2 Adult Hens. They can all still talk through the baby gate he just can't get to any of the hens now.

Back
Top Bottom