1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP!DRAKE WAS MATED WITH BY DRAKE! NOW CANT WALK AND DROOPY BEHIND?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LoveThemBirds, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Virus

Virus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    Oh you should see him when he wants to cuddle. He literally climbs up my body to give me kisses. Its my fault though, but how could I resist giving my baby kisses!

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Wobbles used to do that. He'd look at me until I lay down, then clambered up onto my chest for snuggles! He doesn't do it anymore, though. He's a big boy macho man now. He doesn't need mama's kisses :<

As for the OP, how's the poor guy doing?

3. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    Baby Huey use to do that when he was a lil duck,but he is huge now,and does not like trying to give kisses or cuddle anymore.

4. Virus

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    Oh that's a shame [​IMG] I hope Odette doesn't stop wanting kisses. By the way how is your boy doing? Is he getting any better?

5. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    Baby Huey is just fine.He is being just as normal as could be.Talking his mouth off,and forgaing.

6. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Yay! I'm so glad! I guess the only thing that's wounded now is his pride :p

7. Sfraker

Sfraker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    The same thing happened to one of my young drakes on 6/25. He still has the occasional droopy butt and has gotten better at walking but is still in rough shape and looks sore when trying to stand/walk. I have had him crated in the coop/pen with his friends so he has his own water and food.
    I started giving my older drake melatonin 1x per day per my vets recomendation. It has made a huge difference. He is no longer over breeding and beating up on the younger drakes.
    I'm glad to hear your boy got better so quick. I'm hoping mine will continue to improve until he is healed. So far he is a gorgeous WH drake and I was looking forward to ducklings by him in the future.

8. Virus

May 21, 2015
    Kentucky
    I'm happy to hear that he's feeling better and I hope that this doesn't happen again. [​IMG]

9. Lynn Manes

Lynn Manes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    California
    OMG! I had no idea this happens. Geeze we do really learn alot here. Now I'll be watching my drake closer as we have 3 of his ducklings penned with him and 2 females. I don't know yet what gender these ducklings are.

10. Lynn Manes

Lynn Manes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    California
    ditto

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by