help duck acting like he cant stand or walk

Has he been eating? I had a huge issue with crop impaction last summer. Sulfa is a good oral anti biotic for infections in ducks, it may be spelled differntly, any vet should have it. Is it cold there? One of my girls was having mobility issues her feet looked fine then all of a sudden the infection flared. You can check feet circulation with a flash light and make sure they are warm but not too warm. Really warm feet is a sign of infection. Hope my rammblings can help fingers crossed.

this all started two days ago and yesterday he could stand a little but still not walk and today he can stand and take a few steps before he sits back down, i started giving him the niacin and poly vi sol last night and today and i got my ands on some oxytetracycline and i am going to give him shots of that here very soon.

and yes he has been eating and drinking and i sprinked the niacin on his food and he has oregano tea to drink and water with duck electrolytes to drink aswell

just for anyone who read this and wanted a conclusion, my duck whismey has more or less made a full recovery; he can stand and walk again and seems sooooo much better than he did and I had been really worried he might not make it from seeing his behavior. Thank you all who commented for your suggestions, and for anyone reading in the future i gave him oregano tea, duck electrolytes, niacin, poly-vi-sol, and oxytetracycline but if you cant get to the oxytetracycline just know he had already started to act alot better just from the niacin and poly-vi-sol but i think the antibiotics really gave helped him out! have a good one everybody and thanks again for all the advice! everytime i google something about ducks it leads me to this website :p

Back
Top Bottom