HELP!!! Duck breathing with mouth open while at rest??

wow so many replies in such short time! I'll will adjust the temperature accordingly and let you all know the results!

Thanks a lot for all the advice, I really appreciate it :)

Last I checked she was not doing it, but I shall update!

Hi everyone! Please do not think I forgot about all of you!

Since my last post she had been going on and off with the open mouth breathing (the others started doing so too). I have turned off the heat lamp entirely (as changing the bulb was not enough) and they seemed to have stopped. I now only keep the lamp on after they have had a bath and need to dry off

So as of right now, it SEEMS to be solved *knocks on wood* and I'm hoping it stays the same! They are starting to molt (i think that's the word) and my god are they huge

Thanks for the help everyone! This is my first time with ducks and I'm glad they are doing well so far!

Hi everyone! Please do not think I forgot about all of you!

Since my last post she had been going on and off with the open mouth breathing (the others started doing so too). I have turned off the heat lamp entirely (as changing the bulb was not enough) and they seemed to have stopped. I now only keep the lamp on after they have had a bath and need to dry off

So as of right now, it SEEMS to be solved *knocks on wood* and I'm hoping it stays the same! They are starting to molt (i think that's the word) and my god are they huge

Thanks for the help everyone! This is my first time with ducks and I'm glad they are doing well so far!
So glad you figured it out, once we had a poster who lost her ducklings from them being overheated with heat lamp, very sad. One reason we always ask temps in brooder. they do grow fast, now we need pics of these cuties.

Back
Top Bottom