Help, Duck eggs got wet! UPDATE!

ricklo

Songster
11 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Rio Maria,Para',Brazil
I need some opinions, Last night we had a terrible thunder storm here in Brazil,dumped many inches in a short time here and coop got some water in it (First Time, very windy). My Muscovy is nested on the floor in the corner, and last night the nest got wet. She stayed right with the eggs covering them, early this morning, she was off the nest, we changed the wet straw, eggs were warm to cool, dryed them off, moved nest to better ground and she went right back on them and fixed the new nest. Hope they will be ok, she has been sitting for 16 days. I know in the wild they have to get wet in a storm.
Did we do everything OK?
idunno.gif

Update: 10/11/2008
7 out of 8 of the eggs Hatched yesterday (at 30days!!!!)
Here they are:

15359_pa090014.jpg

Last edited:
sounds good to me. I know when we incubated duck eggs in my incubator- I misted them to keep them humidified enough and hatched 15 out of 19 eggs....hope it all works out fine. Keep us posted!

They should be fine. Duck eggs have a thicker membrane because this happens in the wild.
If you ever cracked one for cooking, you know what I mean!

I so just saw an incubator add where the cracked several duck eggs (pretty bad looking) and the incubator apparently hatched all 3 anyways!!!

(The make no promises about other species though)

It was a pretty neat ad, caught my attention.

I think they will be just fine.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom