HELP! Duck foot problem

Let us know how the duckling is doing please.
It seems to be improving. The foot is still discolored, but seems to be walking better, but not back to normal. I have been keeping it isolated from the other duck and last night it jumped out of its box. It has not tried that since I isolated it. Crossing my fingers we are on the road to recovery. Thank you for your help.

I'd say it is doing better if it jumped out of it's box lol
Hopefully with your TLC and treatments things will keep improving.
Great to hear.
Do you plan on getting them out of the basement soon and into the great out of doors where they can have sunshine and fresh air?

Generally young ducklings should only swim for short periods of time, then be gently dried off and placed back in a brooder where they have access to a heat lamp/heat table. You shouldn't let her swim as much as she wants to at that age - they don't have the water-proofing yet that comes with their feathers. She will not take well to being isolated and it's a little cruel - is there a reason for that? Is the other duck the same age?

Generally young ducklings should only swim for short periods of time, then be gently dried off and placed back in a brooder where they have access to a heat lamp/heat table. You shouldn't let her swim as much as she wants to at that age - they don't have the water-proofing yet that comes with their feathers. She will not take well to being isolated and it's a little cruel - is there a reason for that? Is the other duck the same age?
At what age are they able to swim as much as they want?

I missed that about keeping it isolated why are you doing this @DaleFarm like @CoriM says they really do so much better together than apart. Unless the mallard is picking on this one?
Everything I read said to isolated the injured duck so it could rest a recoup. It was still with the other duck, but placed in a box so it couldn't get to the swimming pool and couldn't walk around very much. She has since then freed herself of the box.

Back
Top Bottom