Help. Duck hurt foot

I tried treating mine and it just got too stressful for me and I have an avian vet close by. She got antibiotics and it cleared in about a week. Just in case a vet is an option. Several people here also swear by painting with colorless iodine. You can get this at Wal-Mart in the human foot fungus treatment section. I tried asking at pharmacies and no one knew what I was talking about. It's not in the iodine section but in the toenail fungus section. Good luck with your ducky.

Also, I clean their pen out regularly usually every other day, & the run gets cleaned out daily, it has a cement floor so I can just hose it out. What do you think caused this, since I'm cleaning everything so often?????
I had to go back and read this again to be sure but you say your run is cement correct? I think that may be the problem. Seems like I read recently that cement is hard on their feet and could cause bumble. Please someone else chime in here. Am I right?

My coop has a concrete floor but is covered by about a foot of rice husks. Sadly, my chickens REFUSE to use the coop, instead preferring to roost in my mango tree. Go figure. Bantams. Their rooster is stubborn, yet sweet. I've tried unsuccessfully for seven weeks to get them to accept the coop, and they're having none of it. I NEVER had this problem with production reds, australorps or cornish cross, but these bantams were bought when they were about a month old, and I've had them now for 2 1/2 months. I brooded them IN THE COOP, so dunno **rofl**
What I like about concrete flooring is that when I scoop out all the old bedding (about once a year) that I've been adding to, and adding to, it's super easy for me to hose and scrub it all down and sweep the remainder of the junk out the door without any risk of the floor getting soggy.

My coop has a concrete floor but is covered by about a foot of rice husks. Sadly, my chickens REFUSE to use the coop, instead preferring to roost in my mango tree. Go figure. Bantams. Their rooster is stubborn, yet sweet. I've tried unsuccessfully for seven weeks to get them to accept the coop, and they're having none of it. I NEVER had this problem with production reds, australorps or cornish cross, but these bantams were bought when they were about a month old, and I've had them now for 2 1/2 months. I brooded them IN THE COOP, so dunno **rofl**
What I like about concrete flooring is that when I scoop out all the old bedding (about once a year) that I've been adding to, and adding to, it's super easy for me to hose and scrub it all down and sweep the remainder of the junk out the door without any risk of the floor getting soggy.
I am sorry, I cannot think of anything else besides the fact that you have a mango tree! I am super super jealous!!!!!!

I am sorry, I cannot think of anything else besides the fact that you have a mango tree! I am super super jealous!!!!!!
LOL! Planted it about 13 years ago from a seed. If you plant one though, be absolutely certain to put it nowhere near the roof of your house or you'll be listening to them drop day and night in the season. **Pow!**

That is quite alright, I will pass. It is strangely very humid here during the summer months. I finally turned on my AC today it felt so gross and sticky.

Back
Top Bottom