HELP! duck liver ascite!

Aliamelody

Songster
5 Years
Jul 27, 2018
Iran
One of our friends is a duck rescuer. It has dedicated its terrace and yard to 19 rescue ducks.
* Before continuing my speech, I would like to explain that in Iran, most people eat and eat ducks and they are kept improperly in the villages. Also, there is no special food for ducks and it is not possible to order from Amazon and foreign websites.
One of his ducks is 6 years old. He had a radiograph 4 months ago for a check-up and his liver and lungs were healthy. A month ago, within two weeks, he suddenly showed severe weight gain and a very strong and inexhaustible appetite and slow walking. He was checked again and found that his liver had severe ascites and an infection and fungus were found in his stool, while his diet had not changed and he had not taken any medication.
Due to the lack of suitable food for ducks, we use home-made ingredients that include spaghetti without salt and drained oil, chicken pellets, wheat and corn, and lettuce, vegetables, cucumbers, tomatoes. Several veterinarians examined it and prescribed three different liver medications. Also, dieting it. But after two weeks, there are no signs of improvement and the duck is getting worse and worse day by day, but has found an inexhaustible appetite for carbohydrates.
My guess is a viral or bacterial or autoimmune disease. But I did not find anything in my study and research. Our country's veterinarians are ignorant and useless for ducks. I wanted to ask you for help, what do you think could be the disease ?!
It should be mentioned that they also have some ducks over 11, 12 and 8 years old, which, thank God, are completely healthy, as well as several ducks over three years old, and all of them are healthy. They start and set foot several times a day, and for groups of 3 ducks, rooms of 5, 6 and 12 meters are provided.
Anthology Symptoms include:
- Inexhaustible appetite
Sudden and progressive fatty liver
Abdominal ascites of the liver
please help!

Back
Top Bottom