Help! Duckling can’t get out of egg, membrane is still there!

Ducklings08

Hatching
Mar 14, 2021
Help! This is my first time hatching a duck egg and don’t know what to do.... I can hear her chirp and can see her rocking but she stopped at external pip a little over 24 hours ago. A piece of the egg has cracked but I see the membrane where it cracked, and don’t know if she’s going to run out of air. I’ve been hearing her chip for about 2-3 days and am getting kind of worried! Btw this is a homemade incubator !!

Help! This is my first time hatching a duck egg and don’t know what to do.... I can hear her chirp and can see her rocking but she stopped at external pip a little over 24 hours ago. A piece of the egg has cracked but I see the membrane where it cracked, and don’t know if she’s going to run out of air. I’ve been hearing her chip for about 2-3 days and am getting kind of worried! Btw this is a homemade incubator !!
How did your hatch go?

How did your hatch go?
We waited another day and nothing came so we started helping her. There was still blood vessels but she was definitely a sticky chick. So we waited one more day for the blood vessels to dry and we started peeling off the inner membrane. She was chirping away so we knew she was ok. She still is doing great and had her first bath today!

Attachments

• 1641CEEA-0C0F-4E09-8DEA-E3FDAB1F6528.jpeg
    1641CEEA-0C0F-4E09-8DEA-E3FDAB1F6528.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom