help!! duckling got bit.

daisysducks

Songster
May 18, 2020
i have a pekin duckling that’s about 2 weeks old, we got her on saturday. my neighbor was trying to let her small dog sniff it, and the dog bit the poor baby. a little piece of skin along with some of the ducks baby feathers came off. it bled for like a minute and theres a little spot of skin missing but over all the duckling seems to be okay. any help/advice/ products literally anything i should do or know please share.

so it’s kinda like an open wound i can’t really get a good picture but i’d say it’s pretty open

Spray with Vetricyn and apply neosporin daily. Dog mouths carry harmful bacteria, so keeping the wound clean with antibiotic ointment is essential to preventing infection.
image.jpg

actually i sprayed it with this... is it the same thing?

Just a heads up, a lot of dogs have high prey drives and shouldn't be trusted around small animals. Definitely do not let your neighbors dog around your birds again.

I hope your little one heals up quick! 🦆
thank you! it wasn’t really something i could control, she put the duckling right up to the dog and i was obviously and still am very upset! i feel terrible for the poor baby ! but i’m doing my best so she heals up quick!

Back
Top Bottom