Help!! Duckling has hard time breathing and weezes

Here he is
We don't know,. The poop around them is a bit greenish, but I don't know if it is from the other three, we can't separate them without extreme distress. I personally haven't seen him poop.
He hasn't had a proper meal since he started weezing so I don't know if he has enough for a poop. He is so stressed he can't sleep, and hasn't for 2 + days
Anyone? Please he is dying

Please do understand while many of us will try to help to the best of our ability, we do have lives, and are not always online to help. We should never be replaced for vet care when needed.

Thanks for the video. It is quite obvious that the problem is not heat related, as the bird is "gasping" for air rather than panting. Just based off on what you've said about the feed being too big, and the trying to eat bedding, I would say there is a decent chance the duckling has a blockage of sorts. Sadly, besides moving your fingers along her throat to encourage the object down, there isn't much you can do.

What I would suggest is ridding the grass out of the brooder, and replacing it with thread-free towels to reduce the chance of him eating any of the grass. I'd also suggest putting them in a bigger brooder. It is apparent from the video that there is little space and the ducklings are crowded. You can offer the duckling liquids, but be very careful if doing so as they can easily aspirate at this age. I would try offering soupy chick feed, or mashed scrambled eggs. Hopefully with some supportive care, and corrections in their pen area the problem will subside. If you have a gram scale, weigh her on that, and continue to do so every morning so we can track her weight.

It's the exact same symptoms. Except this chick is even weaker and less appetite,
We have to force feed rice soup and water or else nothing will go in.

I'm so very sorry. :hugs We wish could have been more of help, sadly, that type of gasping, is often an indicator the bird is about to pass.
In his last moments he came to the extreme of stretching his neck coughing and trying to peep he definitely died of suffocation.

It's the exact same symptoms. Except this chick is even weaker and less appetite,
We have to force feed rice soup and water or else nothing will go in.

It is hard for me to completely understand the circumstances in which these birds are being kept, and being treated.

But, the one thing that is concerning me is, of course, their symptoms, but the fact that your force-feeding them rice soup. Unless you have a tube to directly put the feed into their crop, there is a very high likely hood they might aspirate on the fluids/feed. Why (?) because birds these ages often don't have the whole how to properly eat/ and drink motion down.

If you try offering chick feed mixed in with some warm water, and tempt them to eat it, do they seem interested in it at all? I might encourage her to drink some sugar water, or a poultry vitamin-like Nutri-dench.

Where did you acquire these birds?

The duckling has trouble swallowing because of short if breath making him need to inhale and exhale before he has completed swallowing. Yes we did try chick feed with water it doesn't work. It doesn't even want to drink water. It will swallow rice soup and water if you use a eyedropper to the very back of its throat. Lock down won't let me go and buy the poultry vitamin. And the ducklings are hatched by ourselfs in incubator with eggs from our own ducks. Although we are still first timers.

Back
Top Bottom