Help!! Duckling has hard time breathing and weezes

I am going to assume you live in the northern hemisphere, I live in the southern hemisphere, our time is probably opposite. Right now I must try to let the duckling sleep. It's around 2 in the morning for us.

Not sure. Kind of coughy and difficulty breathing. A few others have similar symptoms, now feeding with eyedropper bean and rice soup. A bit more nutrition. Along with water and amoxicilin. Sick ducks separated from others.

Hello. The other ducks also getting similar symptoms. The duckling is very unstable. Still on ampicillin/amoxicilin, still feeding with eyedropper.

I bring more bad news. Another duckling died. The one I was talking about before is not stable. But another different yellow Pekin duckling descended so rapidly to death that I didn't even have time to write about it. It had the same symptoms. Now five Ducklings are in sickbay with similar symptoms.

I bring more bad news. Another duckling died. The one I was talking about before is not stable. But another different yellow Pekin duckling descended so rapidly to death that I didn't even have time to write about it. It had the same symptoms. Now five Ducklings are in sickbay with similar symptoms.

I'm so sorry, and I apologize I haven't seen your posts.

Basing off on how many ducklings are dying, and all of them are now showing symptoms, I think a respiratory disease or a fungal infection may be a culprit. Brooder pneumonia is a common cause of heavy breathing, sneezing, and gaping in ducklings. It is often caused by wet damp bedding.

There is no cure for brooder pneumonia, only supportive care, and environmental corrections. I would move the ducklings to a temporary location, and bring their brooder outside, and do a thorough disinfecting with bleach, and dispose of all the bedding, clean the waterers, feeders, etc. After that move the ducklings back into the pen, and try to keep the bedding as clean as possible, as well as the whole setup. Putting the brooder near light may be good. I would add vitamins to their water, and keep tempting them to drink.

If you lose another duckling it would be best to wrap it up, and set it in the fridge until you can send it off to your state veterinary necropsy lab. Sending it there, you'll be able to get a good idea of what exactly is going on. Most states charge a minimal fee.

https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

https://www.freedomrangerhatchery.c... a non-contagious,and many other bird species.

Hi, I live outside the states, that's probably why my replys are kinda grammatically incorrect. The ducklings bedding is changed 3 times a day.

We don't use straw. Only fabric which is washed constantly and dryed before use.
Avian vets do not exist here. Nor does veterinarian necropsy labs. I live in a third world country. I speak English because I used to live in the States.

Back
Top Bottom