HELP!! Duckling with niacin deficiency not getting better!

Kaleigreenlaw

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2020
Hi! My parents have a duckling with a niacin deficiency that isn’t getting better with niacin treatment. They’re doing 100mg of niacin per day in the water. It’s legs are completely inward and it’s feet are somewhat curled. It can’t walk at all pretty much, it still gets around but doesn’t actually walk. What do we do, we can’t get it to a vet right now. Is the best thing to put it down, is it suffering? Or keep trying. It’s been about 2 weeks now

We have been giving a duckling of mine 1mg of liquid vitamin B, orally for about four days now, and he’s getting better for sure - slowly. I have also been putting some in their water. But by giving it to him/her orally, you can be sure they are getting the full dose.
(A before and after picture after two days of vitamin B)

Attachments

• E6A84688-EBF8-4626-AD5D-E4E35D29427B.jpeg
    E6A84688-EBF8-4626-AD5D-E4E35D29427B.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 3
  • ADA66F0C-7B9D-41F6-B4E7-9A5EAD52E3C9.jpeg
    ADA66F0C-7B9D-41F6-B4E7-9A5EAD52E3C9.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 3
My babes didn’t go for it over the treat, stuck their bills up and went “no way lady”. Which is why I was giving it orally. But yours may go for the treats as Miss Lydia said!

We have been giving a duckling of mine 1mg of liquid vitamin B, orally for about four days now, and he’s getting better for sure - slowly. I have also been putting some in their water. But by giving it to him/her orally, you can be sure they are getting the full dose.
(A before and after picture after two days of vitamin B)
It's amazing stuff that's for sure! I can already see a difference in your little one. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom