Help!!Ducklings panting with clear nasal discharge

Rattee

Songster
Dec 25, 2019
New Kent, Virginia
I tried to include a video but I couldn’t figure it out. I’m unsure if I overheated them, but they were fine before I gave them a bath. I then put them in a warm brooder to dry off; warmer than it normally is so they wouldn’t catch a chill. Only one of them had a few sips of water since I noticed the symptoms.

Is it overheating? What can I do for that?
Is the clear discharge normal after a bath?

Attachments

• 71378F2C-8207-48D0-9955-D6C30506BBED.jpeg
    71378F2C-8207-48D0-9955-D6C30506BBED.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 24
I tried to include a video but I couldn’t figure it out. I’m unsure if I overheated them, but they were fine before I gave them a bath. I then put them in a warm brooder to dry off; warmer than it normally is so they wouldn’t catch a chill. Only one of them had a few sips of water since I noticed the symptoms.

Is it overheating? What can I do for that?
Is the clear discharge normal after a bath?

They will still need a heat source at that age, but they need to be able to move away from the heat lamp as needed, so a big brooder would be suggested. If the brooder is small they will all cram up in the opposite corner of the heat lamp and end up warming each other back up because of their body heat.

They will still need a heat source at that age, but they need to be able to move away from the heat lamp as needed, so a big brooder would be suggested. If the brooder is small they will all cram up in the opposite corner of the heat lamp and end up warming each other back up because of their body heat.

Alrighty, perhaps they’re too big for the brooder then! I’ll make a new one tomorrow. Thanks y’all!

Back
Top Bottom