Help! Ducklings stuck in drainage!

Wait so is there a side that they can get safely out of? If there is you could try to get the mom to go that way so the babies follow below. Maybe if you have something to shoo her over so she doesn’t bite you.

I’m sad to hear all the trouble you are having and wish I could be of more help. It’s really hard to visualize what’s happening. I’d say go with your instincts at this point until you get some better suggestions from others or help from authorities. Maybe try getting ahold o wildlife authorities?

Wait so is there a side that they can get safely out of? If there is you could try to get the mom to go that way so the babies follow below. Maybe if you have something to shoo her over so she doesn’t bite you.
I’ll give that a try and see how it goes. My concern is that the street access is too high for them to jump to.

I’m sad to hear all the trouble you are having and wish I could be of more help. It’s really hard to visualize what’s happening. I’d say go with your instincts at this point until you get some better suggestions from others or help from authorities. Maybe try getting ahold o wildlife authorities?
I called a local one and they said they only deal with sick or injured wildlife and that the ducklings don’t count as such.

The drain is 5 feet off of the shore of a lake. It’s about three feet deep and then there’s a tunnel that runs parallel to the ground where the water empties to. The tunnel is about two feet in diameter. The ducklings are in said tunnel and far enough down that I can’t reach them.

If it’s safe for you like nero70002 says try to get to their side where the others are? Maybe will draw ducks together.

Back
Top Bottom