Help! Ducks cannibalizing chickens CW: gruesome

I've never given my muscovy any extra niacin or any extra vitamins. A good feed formulated for waterfowl should provide everything they need.
Sorry, meant extra compared to chickens. I couldn’t tell from what OP said if the ducks and chickens were all getting the same (chicken) feed or not. If everyone was eating chicken feed, that could be an issue. Right? 🤷‍♀️

Pe
Sorry, meant extra compared to chickens. I couldn’t tell from what OP said if the ducks and chickens were all getting the same (chicken) feed or not. If everyone was eating chicken feed, that could be an issue. Right? 🤷‍♀️
Pekins need extra niacin when growing and laying females fed on all flock or layer feed are best to continue additional niacin.

I only have muscovy drakes. My son had a laying muscovy female who, with his laying pekins, was fed organic layer feed. She by default got brewer's yeast, as did his pekin drake, as he supplements the layer feed with brewer's yeast.

I don't know of anyone who specifically gives extra niacin to laying muscovy. Perhaps @Miss Lydia might advise

Pe

Pekins need extra niacin when growing and laying females fed on all flock or layer feed are best to continue additional niacin.

I only have muscovy drakes. My son had a laying muscovy female who, with his laying pekins, was fed organic layer feed. She by default got brewer's yeast, as did his pekin drake, as he supplements the layer feed with brewer's yeast.

I don't know of anyone who specifically gives extra niacin to laying muscovy. Perhaps @Miss Lydia might advise
Ah, ok. I am by no means an expert. Just been reading up debating between ducks and chickens for this year and kept seeing reminders about niacin being necessary for the ducks on the blogs about mixed flocks. Please feel free to disregard/educate me if I’m off base! 😬

I do offer Nutritional yeast for my flock even though they are all adults. They get it mixed into their feed daily. The B vitamins are just so good for them and us that I still offer. I only use 2 Tablespoons to their feed now when they are babes they get a tablespoon sprinkled over each cup of feed I feed them. What they don't use they pee out.

Adults shouldn't necessarily need anything extra, but if someone is feeding a layer ration they might. I personally use an all flock ration which is formulated for multiple species, and I offer oyster shells free choice.

When I'm raising waterfowl I use a starter that is formulated for them which is usually Purina flock raiser. Using a chick starter could cause some growth problems depending on the formulation.

Back
Top Bottom