HELP Dying chicks! Bad Experiences With Meyers?

I ordered 12 chicks from Meyers. I went over the order with customer service repeatedly.
BNVF BARNEVELDER FEMALE $15.37 2 $30.74
GCMF GOLDEN CUCKOO MARANS FEMALE $15.37 2 $30.74
BLMF BLACK COPPER MARANS FEMALE $9.47 2 $18.94
BAMF BLUE AMERAUCANA FEMALE $26.76 2 $53.52
WELF WELSUMMER FEMALE $5.83 2 $11.66
CRLF CREAM LEGBAR FEMALE $9.47 2 $18.94

I spent over $200 and they got the order totally messed up,

They showed up on time. Except there was 11 chicks. And NO Cream Legbars. There was a Lavender Buff Orphington in there that I never ordered.
And within 24 hours one of the Golden Cuckoo Marans was dead. Just literally dropped dead.

I was crushed.

The remaining chicks seems to be growing like weeds. But I never got my Cream Legbars because there is an 8 chick minimum and I didn't want to overcrowd the brooder. Maybe next year.

So far, I am not impressed with Meyers. I am also not really impressed with Rural King either. Lots of sick and dying chicks in their bins.

What is a chicken lover to do?

I ordered 12 chicks from Meyers. I went over the order with customer service repeatedly.
BNVF BARNEVELDER FEMALE $15.37 2 $30.74
GCMF GOLDEN CUCKOO MARANS FEMALE $15.37 2 $30.74
BLMF BLACK COPPER MARANS FEMALE $9.47 2 $18.94
BAMF BLUE AMERAUCANA FEMALE $26.76 2 $53.52
WELF WELSUMMER FEMALE $5.83 2 $11.66
CRLF CREAM LEGBAR FEMALE $9.47 2 $18.94

I spent over $200 and they got the order totally messed up,

They showed up on time. Except there was 11 chicks. And NO Cream Legbars. There was a Lavender Buff Orphington in there that I never ordered.
And within 24 hours one of the Golden Cuckoo Marans was dead. Just literally dropped dead.

I was crushed.

The remaining chicks seems to be growing like weeds. But I never got my Cream Legbars because there is an 8 chick minimum and I didn't want to overcrowd the brooder. Maybe next year.

So far, I am not impressed with Meyers. I am also not really impressed with Rural King either. Lots of sick and dying chicks in their bins.

What is a chicken lover to do?
There are a lot of people raising chickens here in Florida. I think the next time we buy chickens it will be from a local breeder. I still work or I’d breed my own.

I've haven't really had issues with Meyer's. Only order I had an issue with was my first when I ordered 8 chicks. I lost 4 of them, but received my free replacements a few months later, & they did perfectly fine.

I know what the problem was with this batch, the heat pack failed to work, & half of the chicks got chilled. This type of thing happens.

I loved near Meyer hatchery and used to just drive there to get my chicks. I can say I never had an issue with them, super healthy happy chicks and ducks. I loved them! I'm guessing these are more shipping issues than hatchery issues.

Back
Top Bottom