Help!! Easter egger really bad idk what it is

Chicken Kate

Chirping
Feb 20, 2018
McLeansville North Carolina
Ok, so hubby came running in to tell me my easter egger is in bad shape. She was balled up, eyes closed chirping loudly. I picked her up, opened eyes, clear, nothing coming out, clear nose. She curled her toes around me, closed her eyes again...she sounded as if she was screaming. I placed her on paper towel, she suddenly falls over, slowly tucks her head into her chest. I was sire she was gone. Suddenly she streched out her neck and i stood her up. A little balance issue. Now she is standing. I rushed gatoade and now she is standing and chirping, but still balled up. She even has a weird gurggling chirp. She is two maybe one and a half months old. She is outside all day long. Perhaps a stone in her stomach? I didnt notice any odd poops either .Maybe injured some how? I checked her body, nothing seems bad...ugh i wanna help .

I would separate her today to watch her, and put some paper towels under her to catch droppings. But keep her warm, so if you cannot separate her, just keep an eye out. Get some Poultry NutriDrench and give 1 ml daily. Make sure that she is eating and drinking. Look for diarrhea or bloody poo in case it is coccidiosis. Other signs of coccidiosis are lethargy, standing hunched, and weakness. She may have been hurt or pecked, and she may be fine, but you will need to watch her.

I would separate her today to watch her, and put some paper towels under her to catch droppings. But keep her warm, so if you cannot separate her, just keep an eye out. Get some Poultry NutriDrench and give 1 ml daily. Make sure that she is eating and drinking. Look for diarrhea or bloody poo in case it is coccidiosis. Other signs of coccidiosis are lethargy, standing hunched, and weakness. She may have been hurt or pecked, and she may be fine, but you will need to watch her.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel so bad for her. I have her in an empty bedroom close to the heat vent .Suddenly she fell over to her side, opened her eyes, almost like she was shocked .I stood her up again and placed a toilet paper roll under her left side. I'm going to post a picture of how she is sitting .

The first picture is her now, the second one was just after she fell over the first time. She has not pooped yet.

Attachments

• 20180305_093232.jpg
    20180305_093232.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180305_083540.jpg
    20180305_083540.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 25
Feels like some vitamin deficiency ..that cause curl toes give some vitamins and supportive care ..some boiled eggs give good nutrients..
U can buy some vitamins drops and give daily till recovers seems like she's having some swelling on her fingers too ..

I'm afraid that looks like Marek's disease to me. The best you can do is keep her warm and as comfortable as possible and encourage her to take a vitamin supplement and eat an egg or if she is unable/unwilling to eat even with your assistance then it would be kinder to euthanize her as she looks extremely sick.
You might want to consider having a necropsy done if she does die. Some state facilities provide a subsidised service which makes it worth while using. There are lists of state facilities for such here on BYC if that is a route you might want to take.

I'm sorry I can't offer much hope for her. I know how hard it is to care for very sick birds and to make and carry out those difficult end decisions. :hugs

Her poo is watery maybe its Cocci or some Bacterial infection ..I will treat with Biotrim.For both Cocci & Infection ..Biotrim Is Sulfadiazine Really good In emergency

Back
Top Bottom