Help!! Easter egger really bad idk what it is

I want to keep having chickens, but the fear every single day is getting very un nerving and Mareks being mentioned all the time and how bad it is and you cant get rid of it... Maybe just stick with full grown adult hens. None of my older birds are ever sick. Babies...i am done with that lol

After seeing her age and her runny poop, I would have thought it was probably coccidiosis, which causes extreme weakness and dehydration. The drooped neck can be a sign of dehydration, Mareks, and other illnesses. I have doubts about Mareks, but Rebascora is a very good authority about Mareks, and she has much experience. It has many different signs in each bird, and commonly is found in birds between 4 and 28 weeks old, but can happen to older birds as well.

Refrigerate her body, and contact your state vet to get a necropsy and testing. It is very worth knowing what caused her illness. If you see other chicks with diarrhea or sleepiness, go get some Corid (amprollium) from your feed store, and start treatment for possible coccidiosis.

One person mention possible Newcastles, and it is not a disease found in the US, at least the exotic newcastles that is seeious. Another mentioned sulfa drugs for coccidiosis, and those are only avilable with a prescription from a vet in the US.

Please let us know what is found with the necropsy, and so sorry for your loss.

Baby and young chicks are the ones most affected by coccidia in the soil and droppings, especially when there are older birds around.

Please do not cull your flock because it might be Mareks. Get a necropsy done to ease your mind.

Baby and young chicks are the ones most affected by coccidia in the soil and droppings, especially when there are older birds around.

Please do not cull your flock because it might be Mareks. Get a necropsy done to ease your mind.
Thank you so very much .I have a feeling its not mareks as well, but i having a search done to see what has caused it. I was also just informed that my area has very low levels of Mareks and my soil is too clayish for it, but still slightly possible. I thought you had to cull everyone once one gets it. I am very happy to see that i was misinformed. Thats why i like to come here first. Thank you so much, all of you. Perhaps it was depression that hit me and made me not think.

My condolences to you, MINDANAO DAVE.

Good health is definitely a struggle, not only for human beings, but also, for all the species of animals we care for.

God's Blessings, peace and good health to you and yours.
You are not kidding. It's scary how hard it is to keep them healthy. But dang, i love chickens, they are sweet and beautiful and they love my Irish Setter .They all lay down together.

Back
Top Bottom