Help!! Easter egger really bad idk what it is

Greetings Chicken Kate,

We've all had health issues with out flocks. But really, the best thing you can do is boost the immune systems of your chickens. Proper feeding is only part of it, good husbandry practices, a stress free environment, adding herbs like echinacea and aloe vera to the diet is also helpful. Exercise, and fresh greens and a bit of fruit (red and black colors) will also boost the immune system.

Will it stop them from getting sick? No, but if they do, they will heal faster and have a better chance of survival with proper medical care.

But, I know what you mean...chickens are so sweet and beautiful. All my animals like to hang out together, too. I really do enjoy having them here.

PICT0007.JPG

God Bless you and your flock! :)

How much personal experience do you have with Marek's disease or are you just going by what you have read?

Marek's can present in a multitude of different ways. The commonest is probably lameness or a dropped wing but it can kill suddenly with no apparent symptoms, it can be as subtle as being unable to control one eyelid or eye pupil and it can suppress the immune system so that infections set in or parasites like coccidia flourish without any paralysis occuring. I was reading a necropsy report the other day where it had suppressed the immune system to the point that the bird asphyxiated from wet pox lesions and mycelium growth in the trachea.

I've discussed about Marek's with vet ..and they most of the times tell Marek's is fear but happen where many farms are near or wild bird carry it ..Im also having chickens and that's heartbreaking problem with no treatment but I also read that many other problems mimc as Marek's

I've discussed about Marek's with vet ..and they most of the times tell Marek's is fear but happen where many farms are near or wild bird carry it ..Im also having chickens and that's heartbreaking problem with no treatment but I also read that many other problems mimc as Marek's
Yeah, i have been told the same. Most of the time its just our fear, because its one of the big ones and its generally all over the place. I was also told that more and more birds are ammune to it. But its still something i will remain afraid of lol. I love my birds and i get so scared time and time again, that i just almost give up. But i never will.

Yeah, i have been told the same. Most of the time its just our fear, because its one of the big ones and its generally all over the place. I was also told that more and more birds are ammune to it. But its still something i will remain afraid of lol. I love my birds and i get so scared time and time again, that i just almost give up. But i never will.

Same here:hugs

Back
Top Bottom