Help! Egg in lockdown - brown/yellow liquid drops coming out!!

If it was me, I'd take it out and candle it. If it smells or doesn't look right, get it outta there for good.

If you still think it may work, you can put a paper towel loosely around it so if it DID explode, it wouldn't get all over.

I took it out quickly and checked the top of the incubator - it was fine, clean as can be so I know it is the egg. I candled it and it just didn't look right and more drops were already forming on different parts of the egg so I tossed it. I certainly did not want to risk the rest of my hatch. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
No, it is coming from the egg - at least that is how it appears. I can't really tell without removing the lid and I don't want to do that if I don't have to. By ruined hatch do you mean the whole lot or just this egg???

don't worry, i meant just the one egg
smile.png

Quote:
No, it is coming from the egg - at least that is how it appears. I can't really tell without removing the lid and I don't want to do that if I don't have to. By ruined hatch do you mean the whole lot or just this egg???

don't worry, i meant just the one egg
smile.png

Whew! I panicked even more for a moment lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
No. I have not been able to get myself to do that yet with any of my unhatched eggs. I have a hard enough time opening quitters or clear eggs. I'm very squeemish.

Quote:
I did. I was very worried about that because last week I received a box of eggs in the mail...2 were exploded in the box and that was the most awful thing I've ever smelled and the mess...
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom