Help egg with chicky it in badly damaged! PICS

Hey the little guy made it through the night! there were a few times I thought he was a goner but he pulled through! I fell asleep for a while and when I got up he had scooted out of his shell and was laying with his brothers and sisters:) He's still attached to the egg by that one strand but he felt a little cold was lethargic even under the lamp and near his siblings so I've been cupping him in my hand for the last 30 min and he's benn getting more and more active. the first pic is from when I first picked hi up and the last was just a minute ago:) He just might make it!

you can take a string tie off that strand and cut him loose from the shell. Keep the string on though it will adventually fall off, He will get stronger and stronger as long as he stays warm. He can't produce body heat so you must keep him warm.

the strangest thing that I have ever done and it worked is and this is going to seem really buzzard, I have put a baby chick in my bra. LOL right between my breast, cover him with my shirt then placed a blanket on top of me. Underneath the breast, the arm pit and between the legs are our warmest parts but you don't want to do that with this baby chick, it's to risky of suffication. But try the between the breast, it really does work, once he dries off, he should be more activity.. and if not, you can give him a little shot of vitamins to help get the blood flowing. Just keep in mind you have Three days to get this little guy on his feet. they can only survive without food and water for that long before all there yolk that they have absorbed is used up..

Good job on keeping him alive...

Thanks for all the advise:) I thought I'd give an update. The little guy is hanging in there and is nice and fluffy now. Unfortunately he is really weak:( he sleeps a lot and I have to carefully drop water on the tip of his beak to get him to drink every few hours. He's still too weak to walk. I think we'll have another long night but if he pulls through tonight I think he'll be ok. I wish I could put him in my shirt but I'm still nursing my 9 month-old and have to be very careful about the bacteria. My daughter and I have been taking turn holding him in our laps with a hand over him to make a little warm cave. Hope he makes it.

oh he looks GREAT, do you have any Polyvisol? Needs to be without iron? Give him a drop mixed with a tiny bit of water, that will help him a lot.. I call it the miracle drug... LOL

Back
Top Bottom