HELP EGGBOUND HEN, THINK EGG IS SIDEWAYS OR TOO BIG

Maureen O

Chirping
Sep 5, 2020
young hen , just under 6 month old English Orpington, just started laying…I can see egg when she pushes, but is not coming out. I’ve soaked her in Epsom salt bath, gave oral calcium (left over from whelping pups) put mineral inside cloaca to help lubricate, nothing. Egg bound since yesterday evening.

young hen , just under 6 month old English Orpington, just started laying…I can see egg when she pushes, but is not coming out. I’ve soaked her in Epsom salt bath, gave oral calcium (left over from whelping pups) put mineral inside cloaca to help lubricate, nothing. Egg bound since yesterday evening.
What type of calcium? Is it calcium Citrate, or calcium carbonate?

Feel her crop. If shes not treated as soon as possible she could die. Hold her carefully to svoid breaking the egg inside her, which could leas to possible death

The same calcium you give to a bitch in whelp…read ingredients, calcium carbonate and milk calcium complex…she’s pushing, it’s right there visible at the cloaca when she pushes, just not able to come out
She needs a fast acting calcium, which we recommend is Calcium Citrate Tablets, it is pretty much instant action.

Back
Top Bottom