HELP EGGBOUND HEN, THINK EGG IS SIDEWAYS OR TOO BIG

Ah alright, yes, if its food try giving her some coconut oil and massage it very gently
I'm just puzzled: why is the crop a problem?

(I don't know what to do about the stuck egg, but I've been reading this thread in hopes of learning more about the matter. Which is why I'm trying to understand how the crop is related in this case.)

I'm just puzzled: why is the crop a problem?

(I don't know what to do about the stuck egg, but I've been reading this thread in hopes of learning more about the matter. Which is why I'm trying to understand how the crop is related in this case.)
Oh, sorry if i got something wrong. But typically if they eat food and it gets stuck, your supposed to massage the crop to get it un-stuck, chickens bodys are much different.

the crop holds food before it goes into their stomach, typically if the food is stuck, it gets stuck there,

Oh, sorry if i got something wrong. But typically if they eat food and it gets stuck, your supposed to massage the crop to get it un-stuck, chickens bodys are much different.

the crop holds food before it goes into their stomach, typically if the food is stuck, it gets stuck there,
But in this case, there is an egg stuck: OP has said several times that the eggshell is visible at the vent as the hen strains to lay the egg.

So I was thoroughly puzzled by your questions about the crop, because I didn't think eggbound (trouble laying an egg) had anything to do with the crop (place food goes right after being eaten, at the other end of the chicken from where the trouble is.)

But in this case, there is an egg stuck: OP has said several times that the eggshell is visible at the vent as the hen strains to lay the egg.

So I was thoroughly puzzled by your questions about the crop, because I didn't think eggbound (trouble laying an egg) had anything to do with the crop (place food goes right after being eaten, at the other end of the chicken from where the trouble is.)
Okay, sorry . Someone told me it was food, someone told me it was a egg, im s bit confused what is happening, so i tried awnsering both questions. I had awnsered about the food, and not The egg for the post your talking about :)

@Maureen O how is she doing?
I ended up having to poke a hole in the egg and drained it. Gave her cal citrate, and put her in a crate to rest to see if she passed it. She did not, so I ended up crushing the egg (after putting a ton of mineral oil up in here) and was able to assist her in passing the whole thing. She’s eaten some blueberries and pooped once, a little blood in it, but after all that, I’m sure it’s expected. I’ll let her rest in here and hopefully be able to,put her back out with the rest tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom