HELP!!!!!! Eggs in incubator not hatching.

staciagroovy

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 4, 2014
I have 7 eggs in my incubator. 1 hatched Thursday (2 days ago) and I have had none hatch or make a peep since then. When I put them on lockdown they were moving and alive. I have all my water channels filled and even added some with a straw yesterday. I'm not sure what to do at this point. The chick that was born Thursday moved the eggs all around, do I try to move them back so the air pocket is up? Can I candle them now? What are the chances that the babies will even hatch now? Welcome any advice.

But the point of the egg down so the egg pocket is up. (fat end up) Make sure it is 100-102 F and 55-60% Humidity. Increase humidity to 65% last 3 days. Are all of them supposed to hatch the same day?

I started incubating them all at the same time. Temp has been around 100f since Tuesday, at lockdown, and humidity has been around 60%. I just candled them and I see no signs of movement. All were moving before I put them on lockdown.

When you say you see no signs of movement, do you mean the whole egg rocking and moving? If so, then that in itself isn't cause for alarm. As I understand it, you'll often see them moving around lockdown time because they are moving into position inside the egg to get ready for hatching. Once they are positioned the egg usually doesn't move around much any more until they start zipping. If the hatched one came out on time, it is still possible that the others are just latecomers. They may have been in cooler spots in the incubator or maybe just not as vigorous as the other one. Give them a little more time.

Back
Top Bottom