Help Emergency!chic Was Stuck In A Spot And Just Found

oh thank you for eplying you all, this is my first adventure with chicks and i want to be a good mama hen as my mom calls me:) my husband had chickens growing growing up so he has helped alot but at work right now and wasnt herre for me to ask questions, and he might not of known either. Anyways it is much appreciated you all!
love.gif

got her to eat some sweet potatoe! and so more water, antibiotic ointment is on the bumm and back, she stood up and peeped. feeling good about her right now, but we will see keepin the faith.
fl.gif

Last edited:
keep her in until her butt heals - you don't want flies laying eggs in the wound = maggots and that is very bad. Also the other chickens will peck at her if they see sores or bloody areas

so my chicks bumm is not looking so angry red or the back either, eating, drinking, alert, but what I do notice is that it looks like its pertruding, is that bad?

so chick seems fine except for but looks like a pertruding belly button, she has had movements, but she still seems like it isnt working right, suggestions?
I have been a couple times a day wash bottom with warm water and clean ing it.

Back
Top Bottom