Help- Engagement ring! Super fun times inside!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cluckcluck42, Jan 9, 2010.

1. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I lied, there are no super fun times. At best, there is limited super fun times in this thread, but now that you are here..... [​IMG]

Does ANYONE know of any good websites to find a specific type of ring? Fiance to be and I went to a nearby jeweller and I found this gorgeous gold ring with a small square diamond in the center and 3 or so diamonds on each side (small) it is simple and GORGEOUS and I want to buy it BUT the diamond is not very big. I'm really not all about bling, but I just want a slightly bigger diamond. It's very very small. Our budget is under 600 bucks.

I've been looking online for a week for a comparable ring and cant find anything. I have dial up internet so you can imagine how long this takes me. The page is loading for 5 minutes only to load up and not be remotely like it.

Strange request... I know. I'm just hoping someone has an inkling where to find something like this online! Maybe it is a certain kind of style? I know crap all about rings! I just know I need one for this marriage thingy we're getting ourselves into. [​IMG]

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    ice.com

overstock.com

ebay.com

Our wedding rings came off ebay, the gems are real and we got the 20% of retail. Sadily I bought mr saddi a huge gem ring that looks more at home on a pimp, or a vinnie in pin stripes.... [​IMG] .

3. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    I second ebay for rings. I get all kinds of great deal on rings and gems as well. I have a great guy here who makes rings and such for me and between the killer deals on the stones on ebay and him I get exactly what I want. Good luck [​IMG]

4. cluckcluck42

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Quote:I laughed out loud!!! Too funny!!

Yeah ebay is the one source I have been checking out, and a lot of specialty diamond sites but I find their stuff way too fancy schmancy. This is a very simple ring!

I will check the other sites out, thanks you both [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    I know here in Boston we have one building where their are all professional
    jewelers. It is very competitive and you can get some great deals. The last thing they want you to do is walk
    out the door to another store. And cash gets you an even better price also everything is warrantied. You should check
    your major city to see if you have a place like this. If not you could always plan a road trip.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Could you wait until around Valentine's Day to buy the ring? It's not that far away, and stores often have MEGA sales on that sort of thing at that time.

You could also try a pawn shop.

7. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    search your area for custom jewelers. Someone can make you one that is EXACTLY what you want. Do not settle for anything but exactly what you want!!! Congrats on the engagement! How exciting.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  8. ky chicks

ky chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    Did you ask the jeweler if they could exchange the stone for a larger one? I think at most jewelry stores they can do that. Congratulations on your engagement!

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I would ask them who made the ring an if it had a model name or number. Then you could google that. Doing google picture search may be faster.

10. cluckcluck42

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Quote:No, unfortunately. They can only improve the diamond, but I want something slightly bigger.

I will check out more jewellers, I just cant find anything like it online, at all, So weird because it is quite a simple design!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by