HELP!!! Extremely noisy chickens!

Making the run a little bigger would probably help, but you do have a nice setup, for your 2 hens. Chickens will be noisy. I have 19 hens and some of them will raise cain all day long. I think it's because my wife throws them out scraps and they're calling her to bring them out more, Lol! If you are within your HOA limitations, then don't worry about them nuts! Enjoy your chickens! On another note, I CANT STAND HOA'S! Well, thats my 2 cents on the issue. 😊 :D

I feel you. I've got an autralorp and two silkies. These were supposed to be "more docile and quiet" birds according to some of the videos I watched. LOL, those egg songs! Holy cow! And the high alert song (more like cacophony)! The autralorp lost her sister in October and has become far more expressive, and now the dominant hen. We're looking to expand the run we have with chunnels to other parts of the yard for more dirt bath and scratch areas (and weeding).

I do have a question to the hive mind, which has likely been answered elsewhere, but for our neighborhood, 5 hens are the max, and I'm contemplating getting two orphingtons to add to the flock. How's the noise factor on this breed? I know they are popular and tend to be pretty friendly. I'd love to hear what your experiences have been. <3

I feel you. I've got an autralorp and two silkies. These were supposed to be "more docile and quiet" birds according to some of the videos I watched. LOL, those egg songs! Holy cow! And the high alert song (more like cacophony)! The autralorp lost her sister in October and has become far more expressive, and now the dominant hen. We're looking to expand the run we have with chunnels to other parts of the yard for more dirt bath and scratch areas (and weeding).

I do have a question to the hive mind, which has likely been answered elsewhere, but for our neighborhood, 5 hens are the max, and I'm contemplating getting two orphingtons to add to the flock. How's the noise factor on this breed? I know they are popular and tend to be pretty friendly. I'd love to hear what your experiences have been. <
Orpingtons are a quiet, gentle breed. I had 2. They're not that well or as good as other egg-laying breeds but if that's not your concern, then I think it would be a good choice! 😊

Back
Top Bottom